Sunday, July 29, 2012

Opportunity - Studio redo

I have the opportunity to spruce up my art studio.  One year ago we moved it from the second floor bedroom and hallway to the basement.  At that time I bought plastic bins and started sorting, giving away and getting rid of (very hard to do) art stuff.  With a variety of interests I have a little bit of everything.  The basement studio is smaller with less wall space.  When I moved in and consolidated two rooms into one I just "made it work" with what I had.   I was getting used to my small, cluttered basement space.  Then opportunity knocked in the way of a huge plumbing project that had to be done.  See that nasty pipe on the bottom of the photos - it needs to be replaced.

Everything in the studio including the old carpet was removed so the plumbing work could be done.  Starting over again I get to choose new carpet, put up new shelves, change out the hot spotlight bulbs, paint the walls and ceiling and resort everything.  Right now we are waiting for the plumber to do his part then the fun begins of putting it all back together.  The room is 12 x 12 not a large space, but hopefully it will be a more organized one.

Front wall - open shelves will be on this wall

Studio redo

Back wooden wall will stay the same.  I use this for display space.

Studio redo

Side wall - storage for supplies.

Studio redo

Some of the stuff that needs to be sorted.

Studio redo

No comments: