Sunday, April 17, 2011

Birthday Girl

It's my birthday.  It is a milestone I've been looking forward to - I now meet all the requirements for a full federal government retirement . . .  so I can retire anytime I want.  But I will definitely be working for a while longer, I'm very grateful to have a job.  Just knowing that I don't have to wait years to qualify for retirement has taken a giant load off my mind.

I received some wonderful birthday cards, and some birthday greetings on Facebook this morning.  My beautiful grandchildren will be calling and singing happy birthday to me later.  My husband got me a way cool rabbit with a basket of bunnies and inside the basket was a silver bracelet with enamel hearts probably from the 40's.  It is so me.


After watching my husband and Angelo (our friend and all around handyman) move all my art stuff from the 2nd floor to the basement this morning (very sad) we went to Home Depo to look at carpet for the upstairs. We also went to lunch at a cool fish market (very happy) and had the crabcake platters.  Instead of birthday cake we opted for four slices of key lime pie made by the owner Martha.  What a delightful birthday.  The weather which has been cold, warm, sunny, rainy, windy (you name it) was beautiful for my birthday - it was sunny and 84 degrees. 

No comments: