Tuesday, February 24, 2015

theresa mARTin - Eye Token class


 I attended a class with theresa mARTin at Artistic Artifacts in January.  My first class of the year.  Theresa is an excellent teacher.  I just love my eye token.  I even decorated the back.  Theresa provided kits and lots of extra beads for us to use.  When I saw the black and white kit I knew it was for me.  It also had some lovely crystals in it.



January 17: Mixed Media Eye Token with theresa mARTin in Alexandria VA
Mixed Media Eye Token Workshop with theresa mARTin
Saturday, January 17, 2015
10:00 am – 1:00 pm All Supplies Provided! In the 18th and 19th century, Lover’s Eye Tokens were popular with the wealthy. A miniaturist painted only the eye of a lover, to preserve anonymity, thus only the recipient knew the identity of the person depicted. The tokens were often elaborately decorated and worn as bracelets, brooches or pendants. Create your own version using the provided love token form (an oval, landscape format approximately 3″ x 2″, as shown in the sample photograph), beads, pearls, rhinestones, and an eye portrait. Class fee, $30.00 + supply/kit fee of $20.00, which includes all necessary supplies; students will have a choice of different kits and colors.Note: while all supplies are provided, you may choose to bring in assorted beads, charms and embellishments from your stash to add an even more personal touch. For ideas and to see a variety of tokens made by theresa mARTin, visit her pinterest board.

No comments: