Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Artists trading block swap

A Facebook group I belong to decided they love making Artist Trading blocks so much that they would like to do a swap.  This is an international group and my partner is someone I know and lives in near me (well kind of near).  We agreed to swap the ATBs at our monthly art meeting but the weather had other ideas so I sent mine in the mail between snow storms and Kathie dropped mine off at Artistic Artifacts for safe keeping until I could pick her up.  Well I was finally able to get over there and pick her up today.

Artist Trading Blocks are made of wood 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and are 1/2 inch thick.  I found a board that was the perfect size and just cut a bunch of blocks to play with.  These had to be a specific size but you can use any size scrap of wood you have.

Here is the one I made for Kathie.  The legs are tiny wooden spools.


Here is the lovely gypsy soul I received from Kathie Barrus - I just love the hand on top


This is the back of the block.  I just want to walk through that door to see what adventures await me!



No comments: