Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easy and Fun to make

This fun tree ornament is made of cut up pieces of old sweaters, a spool of thread, beads, a button and a piece of wire.  It was a make and take project at the open house I attended at Artistic Artifacts http://www.artisticartifacts.com/  Two lovely young ladies showed us how to make them.

You start by picking out a button and making a loop to hold it with the wire then start with smaller pieces of sweater thread them on the wire add beads on the wire after a few layers - I added some beads but you can't see them.  Add more circles of sweaters gradually selecting larger circles.  When you have a nice fat tree pick out a spool of thread put the wire through it and the wrap the rest of the wire around the spool and you're done.

Very easy and fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I bet textured paper circles would work too! Hmmmm... xox Corrine

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I bet textured paper circles would work too! Hmmmm... xox Corrine

Patti G. said...

Linda ohhhhhhhhh I love this and it is an idea for NEXT year huh??? Fun!
I want to go buy some sweaters to cut up! :) Repurpose! Excellent!
xoxoxox
By the way, your other dollies.......OMG Linda I just love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are amazing!
Anyone who receives one is going to be as thrilled as ME!
Hugs,Patti