Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dremel 101


First you find typewriter keys for sale that have the shanks left on them - then you drill holes in them.  Easy enough you say.  The keys were easy to find on Ebay.  Drilling holes in them not so easy.  Then you shut your cat out of the shop for fear of him distracting you when you are using a dangerous dremel drill.  Next you put on gloves, eye protection and ear protection to shield yourself from metal shavings.  Then you look at the thermometer which says 80 degrees.  Hot, safe and cat free you start drilling.  The drill skips and the drill bit is loose.  What's a girl to do?
Every 20 minutes I went upstairs to whine to my husband that nothing was working.  He would come down to the shop and fix whatever needed fixing.  He also got up and went to Home Depot at 6 am to buy me dremel drill bits.  The drill bits get dull and don't cut through the steel after a few uses.  So we went to the local hardware store (on the scooters) and he bought me 6 more drill bits. 

I'm getting good at changing bits and the drilling is going a bit better.  I'm going to give it another try tomorrow.

No comments: