Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow update- Saturday afternoon

It will be dark soon. I think the snow has almost stopped. A few brave folks have shoveled themselves out.  People are out walking thier dogs and kids in the middle of the road.  No snow plows have been on our road today.  I have seen a few trucks, but mostly its been very, very quiet.  The trees are bent with heavy snow.  I'll measure the snow tomorrow when it stops.  I just saw three guys walking up the middle of the street - one had a grocery bag and the other two had cases of beer. 

Things I did right - moved the trash can near the back door and put the windshield wipers up so they don't freeze to the car.   Asked to work from home on Monday - but I don't think anyone is going to be able to go to work on Monday.  Got cash so we can pay someone to clear the driveway.

Things I did wrong - forgot to buy toilet paper, cat food and dishwasher detergent.

No comments: