Monday, September 23, 2013

Facebook vs my blog

HAPPY FALL

pumpkins

Facebook seems to be my go to place to catch up with art friends and family these days. But I was reminded that some folks still catch up with me through my blog posts. So it's way past time for me to write about what I have been doing this summer.

I attended the wedding of my friend and boss on a very hot August day at a really nice bed and breakfast in the Maryland countryside.  It was a lovely wedding and a grand time was had by all.  Congratulations to the happy couple.


I was very pleased to pick up my Power Suit art quilt that has been traveling around to shows from October 2011 until June 2013. It has been to 6 states and 8 shows. It's now hanging in my studio. The same week I picked it up I had a visitor at the side door. I have never seen a moth like this before and I do believe it is the same kind of moth that is on my Power Suit quilt. Now that's a weird coincidence.

power suit finished


20130810_094949


I'm working on two small 8" x 10' pieces that have to feature metal or metallic finishes. They are due in November but I'm going to turn them in a month early.

In November I will be taking a class at Artistic Artifacts http://www.artisticartifacts.com/ called Tin Critters taught by Laura Hummel. Aren't these just so cool!


I made nine Halloween ATC's to trade at the October art meeting at Artistic Artifacts.  The OUIJA board is on the front and vintage fortune cards are on the back.  It's really fun to see how creative everyone is when working on an art piece the size of a playing card.


I'm also working on 12 Christmas Ornaments for the 12 days of Christmas swap.  I think this is the third year I will be participating in this fun swap.  It starts on December 1 so the ornaments have to be done and in the mail mid November which will be here before I can blink an eye.

So there will be lots to write about on my blog in the next 3 months!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I so adore your Power suit QUilt! It was one of my favorites!!! What a spectacular moth and picture you took! lucky you.
I am sending our info about the ornie swap this weekend!!!