Saturday, January 22, 2011

Barb's weaving class




 At the monthly meeting of the mixed media club at Judy's Artistic Artifacts Barb showed us how to weave with aluminum cans.  I used diet coke and mountain dew cans for my first weave.  The minute I got home I sewed it together.  I couldn't wait to see what it was like to sew on aluminum.  It worked great, the needle punches through the aluminum very easily. 

You can also use punches to punch out shapes to add to your artwork (the flowers in the sample Barb brought were punched out of cans and embellished with buttons).  Since the class I made two more pieces.  The Arizona Tea cans have great colors.  I'm not sure what I will do with my pieces, they remind me of folded gum wrapper purses.  I think I tried every decorative stitch I have on my sewing machine.




No comments: