Sunday, January 24, 2010

Judy's Altered Minds - January Meeting

Everyone was ready for our once-a-month art club meeting at Artistic Artifacts  - http://www.artisticartifacts.com/ it was the largest group ever.  Karen brought in books for sale and tons of free stuff, Kat brought in the most mouth watering yummy homemade strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing, lots of new people and a fun time was had by all.  The free table was overflowing with really great stuff.  It's so much better if it's someone else's stuff.  I was so busy, I didn't even take any pictures.  Here's all my free stuff!!

I also ended up with a jacket from the free table.  It was supposed to be Judy's (she called it first) but I worn it till the end of the meeting and got to keep it.  When I get tired of it I will bring it back to Judy.  After seeing my hair in the photo below I got 3 inches cut off of it.


We are going to work through the Fabric Embellishing book.  It's been a while since I worked with fabric.  I'm looking forward to learning new techniques.  I will post my pages on this blog and what I thought of the technique.


Elizabeth http://elizabethcreates.blogspot.com/ (check out her blog) and I traded art.  She got my last Christmas angel and I in turn requested one of her beautiful felted pin cushions.  The orange side is made from silk paper and the beads are hand made by Elizabeth.  I'm already using the pin cushion - I love it.

No comments: