Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake





I will do just about anything to avoid cleaning my studio. Today I just had to spend the day making a chocolate strawberry cheesecake (the bottom layer is chocolate and the top layer is traditional cheesecake with sliced strawberries in the batter), chocolate coverd strawberries and an attempt to make chocolate leaves. I got some leaves from the rose bushes washed and dryed them then put chocolate on the bottom side of the leaf and put the in the fridge. I will try to peel the chocolate off the leaves and put them on top of the cheesecake.

UPDATE on chocolate leaves - I guess you have to put a thick layer of melted chocolate on the leaves. I got a few bits and pieces of leaves but mostly the rose leaf stuck to the chocolate or it just melted in my hand. The cheese cake was a bit hit, everyone said it was the best ever!!

The cheesecake is for Cat's 40th birthday celebration tomorrow. We also bought a traditional birthday cake from German bakery this morning. I'll get to see Jack tomorrow (he's 4 weeks old now) will be taking tons of pictures.

No comments: